Meeting Room Policy
The Laconia Public Library has an auditorium and two conference rooms available for use. The Library Board of Trustees subscribes to Article VI of the Library Bill of Rights, which states that facilities should be made available to the public they serve on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
General Information for Use of Meeting Rooms:
- Library-sponsored events receive priority in scheduling.
- Availability of the meeting rooms at all other times is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All rooms must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes before library closing times.
- The library reserves the right to seek references of any group before booking any room.
- Publicity may not state or infer that the library is a sponsor or co-sponsor of a meeting or that the library endorses the group’s policies or beliefs. Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the headquarters or the address of the organization.
- Groups organizing private events (such as birthday parties), and those charging for their services or programs may not use the library’s meeting rooms.
- Authors hosted by the Laconia Public Library may offer their books for sale incidental to a lecture.
- Storage of materials before or after the usage times is not allowed.
- No material may be affixed to any surface without prior permission.
- The organization is responsible for any damage to the library building and grounds.
- The Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees and their employees and agents are not liable for any claims out of the use of the library meeting rooms.
The auditorium is intended for public gatherings of a civic, cultural, informational, or educational nature that are free and open to the public. Usage is free of charge for non-profit organizations. For-profit groups may use the auditorium at the rate of $50.00 per hour with a $100.00 minimum. Payment is due on the day of the event. No admission fee, registration fee, donation or other monetary solicitation may be sought from meeting attendees.
- Room capacity is 105 for auditorium-style seating.
- Reservations must be made in advance by completing an Application for Use of Auditorium form (Printable options are available at the bottom of this page), which can be obtained at the circulation desk. The application must be submitted to the library for review and approval before reservation is confirmed.
- Organizations other than library-related shall not exceed twelve (12) meetings during each calendar year.
- Groups that use the space on a regular basis may sign up for dates six (6) months in advance.
- It is the responsibility of the group using the space to set up needed tables and chairs, and following their meeting to restore the room to its original condition in terms of cleanliness and arrangement of furniture.
- If a group requires the library audio-visual equipment, the user must be thoroughly trained in advance and be held responsible for any damage to hardware or software.
- Refreshments may be served and limited kitchen facilities are available. Kitchen facilities must be made available to library staff at all times.
Conference Room Reservations:
The conference rooms are intended for small meetings and may be used free of charge. They may be signed up for in advance, or be approved for immediate use by request at the circulation desk. Regular weekly or monthly meetings of any group cannot be accommodated.
- The Volpe Conference Room accommodates up to 8 people.
- The Study Room accommodates up to 4 people.
- Conference rooms are available for two-hour sessions with a maximum of two (2) sessions per week by any one group.
Exceptions to the Meeting Room Policy may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.