Dump Stickers and Day Passes
Transfer Station stickers and day passes may be obtained in the City Clerk's or Tax Offices M-F 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
Day Passes can be obtained at the Transfer Station M-F 7:30 AM- 3:30 PM, Sat 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Solid Waste Disposal
Meredith Center Road Transfer Station 603-528-5822
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to Noon
- Receives: normal solid waste material, limited demolition and construction material, recycling drop-off center
Hilliard Road Brush Dump 603-366-4855
- Receives: clean wood only, tree branches less than 3 inches in diameter
- Summer Hours (April through November): Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Winter Hours: (November 1st - March 31st) The brush dump is open every Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., unless it is snowing. In the event of a snowstorm, the brush dump will be closed. (All public works personnel are involved with snow removal).
Residential Curbside Recycling
- What: aluminum and steel cans; plastics Number 1 and Number 2; and, newspapers
- When: recyclable pickup "every other week" on regular solid waste collection day.
Below reflects new fees effective July 1, 2022
Transfer Station Stickers
Transfer Station Stickers are $25 and are good for the calendar year and apply to the Transfer Station and the Brush Dump. A current registration is required for the vehicle that the sticker is going to be put on at the time of purchase.
Day passes are also available for $5. Please provide your drivers license. Day passes are available to purchase right at the transfer station. if you are conducting work at a Laconia residence and you are not a resident yourself, a written letter of permission will also need to be provided.
Transfer Station Fees
At the Transfer Station the following fees will be charged in addition to the fee for a Transfer Station pass/sticker:
- Loads containing up to 100lbs:$5 each
- Loads containing more than 100lbs: $105 per ton, calculated in twenty-pound increments
- Construction and demolition debris is accepted for $150 per ton, calculated in twenty-pound increments.
- Metal is $5 per ton.
- The fee for appliances is $15 each, appliances containing freon $30 each.
- The fee for E-waste is: CPU's, VCR's, DVD's, printers, scanners, radios, fax machines, home copiers and small stereos $15 each; computer monitors, laptop computers, small/medium TV's $25 each and large TV's (greater than 21 inches) large stereo equipment $40 each.
- The fee for propane tanks is: less than 2lbs are free, 2lbs - 20lbs $5 each, 21lbs- 60lbs $25 each, over 60 lbs are not accepted
- The fee for tires is car tires $6 each, truck tires $10 each.
Spring Clean-up Days are held in mid-May: for more information, contact the Public Works Department at 603-528-6379 or watch for advertising detailing hours and items to be accepted.
Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
This event is held one day only, on the first Saturday in August. The event is for households only (no businesses) and is held at the Public Works parking lot at 27 Bisson Avenue. For further details, contact the Public Works Department at 603-528-6379 or watch for advertising detailing hours and materials to be accepted.